Mazza at the Starlite Gala in 2019
Valeria Raquel Mazza
(1972-02-17) 17 February 1972 (age 50)
|Occupation||Model, businesswoman, philanthropist|
|Spouse||Alejandro Gravier (1998–present)|
|Height||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)|
Valeria Raquel Mazza (Spanish pronunciation: [baˈleɾja ˈmasa], Italian: [ˈmattsa]; born 17 February 1972) is an Argentine supermodel and businesswoman. Mazza rose to prominence in the 1990s and became a household name after appearing on the cover of the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue of 1996 alongside Tyra Banks. Mazza worked for fashion designers such as Gianni Versace and Roberto Cavalli.
Mazza was born in Rosario, Santa Fe Province to Raúl Mariano Mazza Ceriani and Monica Ferreira, and was raised in Paraná, Entre Ríos Province. A model since age 14, Mazza has also worked as an actress, presenter and brand ambassador. As a businesswoman, she has released three perfumes, her own magazine, and created an eyewear company and production company. Once a student of occupational therapy, she also promotes humanitarian causes, and is noted for her work with the Special Olympics, UNICEF, and the Pediatrics Unit of the Austral Hospital in Pilar, Buenos Aires Province.
On 9 May 1998, Mazza married businessman Alejandro Gravier in the Basilica of the Blessed Sacrament in Retiro, Buenos Aires; the wedding reception was held at the Hipodromo Argentino de Palermo with 1,500 guests. The couple has four children: Balthazar (b. 1999), Tiziano (b. 2002), Benicio (b. 2005), and Taína (b. 2008). They reside in Buenos Aires. The couple owns Finca Valeria, a countryside vacation property in La Barra, near Punta del Este, Uruguay, where they hold an important party with renowned guests every summer. In 2008, she and her husband were under investigation by Argentina's Revenue Service, AFIP, for alleged tax evasion to the tune of two million US dollars.
In addition to her native Spanish, Mazza also speaks Italian and English.
- ^ "Valeria Mazza - Model".
- ^ Salinas, Patricia (16 September 2010). "Valeria Mazza: "Soy Mucho Más de lo que pueden ver"". Caretas (2147). Retrieved 8 November 2013.
- ^ a b Pajares, Diego (20 October 2013). "Valeria Mazza: "Me gustaría conducir un 'reality'"". El Comercio. Retrieved 8 November 2013.
- ^ Errázuriz L., María José (28 March 2013). "Valeria Mazza: La top model invita a las mujeres a envejecer con dignidad". Emol. Retrieved 8 November 2013.
- ^ "Valeria Mazza presentó su perfume con un sensual video". Infobae.com. 4 October 2013. Retrieved 8 November 2013.
- ^ "Registran la productora de la modelo Valeria Mazza por presunta estafa". El País. 13 September 2013. Retrieved 8 November 2013.
- ^ Lerer, Diego (20 February 2011). "Valeria Mazza: veinteañera". Clarín. Retrieved 8 November 2013.
- ^ Cortázar, Beatriz (3 July 2013). "Valeria Mazza: "Mi primer amor es la solidaridad infantil"". ABC. Retrieved 8 November 2013.
- ^ Monroy, Erika (4 November 2013). "Valeria Mazza revela sus secretos para estar a la moda". El Universal. Retrieved 8 November 2013.
- ^ Ventura, Any (16 November 2006). "Simplemente Valeria". La Nación. Retrieved 8 November 2013.
- ^ a b "Valeria Mazza, flamante mamá". Clarín. 30 May 1999. Retrieved 8 November 2013.
- ^ "Así es Tiziano, hijo de Valeria Mazza: campeón de esquí, futuro empresario y modelo ocasional". Vanity Fair España (in European Spanish). 2022-02-21. Retrieved 2022-02-21.
- ^ Teen, Vanity (2021-11-25). "Tiziano Gravier: When Ski Becomes A Metaphor For Life Vanity Teen 虚荣青年 Lifestyle & New Faces Magazine". www.vanityteen.com. Retrieved 2022-02-21.
- ^ "Valeria Mazza mostró cómo esquía su hijo Benicio Gravier en Francia: "Día de entrenamiento"". Revista Para Ti (in Spanish). Retrieved 2022-02-21.
- ^ "The life of Taína Gravier, Valeria Mazza's daughter, takes an unexpected turn – Para Ti Magazine - OI Canadian". 2021-11-18. Retrieved 2022-02-21.
- ^ "Valeria Mazza en Chile: Conoce más a fondo a la supermodelo". Terra Chile. Terra Networks. 15 March 2013. Retrieved 8 November 2013.
- ^ "Valeria Mazza y Alejandro Gravier, anfitriones de la fiesta más esperada". La Nación. 17 January 2013. Retrieved 8 November 2013.
- ^ "Argentine top model accused of evading 2 million USD in taxes". MercoPress - South Atlantic News Agency. 3 November 2008. Retrieved 5 April 2015.
- Media related to Valeria Mazza at Wikimedia Commons
- Official website
- Valeria Mazza at Fashion Model Directory